Search This Blog


Thursday, September 3, 2015

Stories....

One thing about the new "Seasons of Life" ladies' class that began last night is that I want it to be a lot of discussion, not just me doing the talking!

Last night I asked a question: "What was your favorite season of life?".  I loved hearing all of the comments and stories the ladies shared.  It's a great way to get to know each other better and a great way to learn from each other.  Our experiences are all different, but then a lot the same.  Something someone else went through may be something I am going through, so it helps to hear their stories.

Until this past spring, I had a ladies' salad supper ever year. I guess it totally slipped my mind this year, so I'll have it soon.  One of my favorite memories of all of those gatherings is listening to their stories.  Some of those women have passed on and I miss their stories! A few of them we should have recorded. They were hilarious! Great times.

Everyone has a story to tell, but most people would rather tell their story than listen to someone else's.  I think I said this recently, but I don't think we can hear it enough.  Listen to people. Listen to their stories.  They are important to them, but will help you, too.  Part of the help may be that you just practice sitting there and really listening!  Sometimes that's hard to do.  Really listen. Hear what they are saying. Take the time to care.  Show concern.  Be genuine.




No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover