Search This Blog


Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Ladies' Salad Supper 2015


A few weeks ago it dawned on me that I hadn't had my annual ladies' salad supper for 2015, so as soon as I found an open night, I snatched it for the event.  
One of my favorite things about this event is the stories that are shared by the ladies.  I mentioned those stories in a post recently, and how I wish we had some videoed in the past.  This time we videoed and few of the ladies.  Raenell has some funny stories and always has a smile.  
Verna is just hilarious.  I gave out some folded questions and everyone got two or three.  One of hers was, "Who makes you laugh?".  Her niece-in-law answered for her as she sat next to her, "Me, myself, and I"!  That's so true!  She has really funny stories and interesting stories, such as graduating from business college at 17 years of age.  Thankfully, I got her stories on video, as well!
 If you haven't seen the Thanksgiving plates at Hobby Lobby, you should!
 This is my favorite one....the leaves and woodsy looking on.  I especially liked the small napkins that said, "I'm Thankful for YOU".  I thought they would go great for the salad supper because I am truly thankful for each of these ladies.
 (No, it's not fall, yet, but it went with the decor! The tablecloth doesn't, but I didn't want to go to the shed to get the burlap ones :).  It worked, I suppose.)
 The wood look on the napkins was going to be my inspiration for doing stick/wood centerpieces, but I decided to just go with what I had around the house, without making up anything new.  I like the big wood slice and had more....but they were in that shed I didn't want to go to!
 Some of the questions were: What was your favorite childhood memory? What did you want to do when you grew up? Is there anything in life you haven't done that you wanted to do?
 Did you and your spouse fall in love quickly or did it grow in time?  What was your neighborhood like where you grew up?
What was your favorite job? What was your least favorite job?  And lots more.

I'm thankful for these ladies who took the time to join us last night.  I pray that it was uplifting and encouraging to them, just as it was to me.  Thank you for sharing your stories.  That's how we get to know one another better. I'm thankful for the bond we have as sisters in Christ.  


2 comments:

beejay3700@sbcglobal.net said...

Maya Angelou gave me the idea for Hallelujah dinners and they are much like this. The only rules are that there can be no negativity at all, that there be good food, and that everyone can sit around the table together. (Would defeat the purpose if people were seated at different tables.) I put several questions in a jar and we pass it around and everyone draws a question to answer. You find out things about the person that is so interesting, or it might make you laugh. Sometimes, people just need to get away from their problems...leave them behind, and go to a happy place, even if it's just for a little while. I try to vary who I invite. I can only seat about 10 at my table. And there are a lot in my church! But, I love our hallelujah dinners and everyone else seems to, also. I have the greatest pastor in the world, and his wife, and they always come, so people that don't normally get to spend a lot of time with him, like getting to know them better, too. Just wanted to share that with you. Keep up the good work and keep making those ladies happy!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Even when you "make do" it's still pretty! I'm sure everyone enjoys it as much as you do.

 
Pin It button on image hover