Search This Blog


Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Election Day


I'm not sure why I woke up so early this morning.  Maybe it was my husband's alarm going off at 5:00 a.m., when he had been out of bed for at least 30 minutes to an hour.  Maybe it was hot flashes.  Maybe it was thirst. (I've already had two bottles of water so good for me - the non-water liker!)  Either way, I thought it was 6:00 a.m., but no.....5:00 a.m.....and by 8:30 p.m. tonight I'll feel like it's midnight.  I LOVE the time change (though no one else in my family does), but it takes me a week or so to adjust to the whole thing.

And then I begin my day's work.  Place some orders I need to place, scroll through Facebook before reading the Bible and writing this post.  And there it is - the reminder of what today is:  Election Day.

I have really thought about some of the election possibilities of our state and especially tried to research certain candidates.  But you know what?  You only see what they want you to see!  Wouldn't it be great if, like Pinocchio, a person's nose would grow if they lied?  Wouldn't it be great if politicians could really do what they say they will do (well....as long as it's what I want them to do)? Wouldn't it be great if change was always positive (and how I want it, of course!)?  Or if there were no parties/platforms that mar the candidate because of what they stand for, but the person stood solely on their own thoughts and ideas?  That's what I want.

So I posted this on Facebook:  I will vote, but not totally excited about some of the options. Is there a "None of the Above" option?

You see, I want people who are honest, fair, just, trustworthy, upright, moral, Christ-like, courageous, bold, a listener, and someone that's kind, caring, and considerate to be in office.  But I don't know these people personally. I only know what I read. I don't listen to the robo-calls.  I don't answer them...just hang up. I don't watch TV, so don't see their ads.  I don't read most of the mailings that come.  I have personally talked to one candidate serval times and he seems to be all of the qualities that I am looking for to represent our area of the State.  And perhaps he is.  I believe he is.

It's a person's RIGHT to vote.  Not everyone in the world has that right.  Let's not take that lightly.  It's important. It matters.

Sometimes it's hard for us to believe that God is at work in all of this - even in this election.  But He is because He is at work in our lives each and every day.  His bigger plan is being woven through the pages of history, just as it was in the Bible.  He is still in control no matter how this election, or any election, turns out to be.  He still has a plan and it may not be how we think it should be, but it's how it's all supposed to be.

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. Romans 13:1-3

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover