Last week on our Facebook (Parents After God's Own Heart) parenting page, we listed this "Top 10". Maybe you can think of other things to add to this list.
We can't all be perfect parents, but there are lots and lots of things we can do to be great parents. The biggest thing we can do is make the most of every opportunity we have with our children, because they aren't with us long in the scope of life. We have relatively few years with them to teach and train.
"Top 10 Things" Parents After God's Own Heart will do:
1. Use the Bible as the source of what is good and right and as the guide for holy living.
2. Teach and train children in things that honor God.
3. Model a servant's heart. Serve one another in the home. Serve others outside of the home.
4. Love each other and show Jesus' love to others.
5. Never allow other things to be first and center in the family. Only God deserves that place. All other things placed front and center are idols.
6. Worship together as a family and with the family of believers...the church...because Jesus died for the church...the family of believers. It's the very least we can do for Him.
7. Be thankful for everything. Say it out loud.
8. Pray all the time. Pray in good times and in bad times. Pray when you're happy. Pray when you're sad.
9. Show a strong faith in daily living. Don't fall apart in times of trial, but fall on your knees! Doing so will be teaching your children to do the same.
10. Show forgiveness. Ask for forgiveness. Nobody's perfect. We all make mistakes. We all need forgiveness. Then accept apologies without strings attached.
Finer Grounds: Nehemiah 13
1 day ago