Search This Blog


Friday, October 5, 2012

Safari Baby Shower

I just realized that I never blogged about a baby shower I recently decorated for a sweet young couple who are expecting their first child - a little girl.  How did I forget to do that???  Oh, well.....it doesn't really matter....
I counted up and I believe that this made the forth time I have used these tall, slender candles in the center of the vase.  I got them at Dollar Tree in February, so at a dollar a piece, you can't beat it!  
We have the glass vases at our church fellowship building, so they are ready and available for any occassion.  I simply put tulle in the bottom of the vase, inserted the Dollar Tree candles that had been wrapped in burlap and animal print material, then dropped in a cute wooden safari animal to be peeking out from behind the glass.
 The ceiling decorations were made using a purchased kit at the party store, but cutting the banner apart and using the hangings in a different way.
The ribbons from the garland were cut in long length and hung through a safari hat to the ceiling.
Another view of the centerpieces.
A hula hoop from Dollar Tree was covered in leopard print duct tape, then a raffia skirt was tied to the hula hoop as a kind of "chandelier".
The table skirt was several raffia skirts pinned around the table, with a burlap/scrapbook paper BABY banner.  The table was set for a brunch - a fun twist on shower food.
Close up of banner.
 Another close up of banner.
Safari animals welcome guests.
Raffia bows on paper lanterns hung over the table.
The entry table.
Pineapple trees were placed on the serving table.  I had never made one, though I had watched someone do it once.  It was fun! The palm leaves were found at Hobby Lobby.  
A smaller pineapple palm.
Table is set and waiting for the food!
More cut garland decorations from the party store.

The shower is done, the parents are ready:  All we just do is now wait for baby girl to be born!


1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

pretty cute! I know the mommas love how special you make the showers!

 
Pin It button on image hover