Search This Blog


Monday, July 16, 2012

Be A Glowworm!

Just a short, quick thought for this Monday morning.  Looking at quotes the other day, I came across  one:


“We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glowworm." - 
Sir Winston Churchill

This quote made me think of "Alas And Did My Savior Bleed" and the verse that says "For such a worm as I". We are all "worms" (sinners), but hopefully we're glowworms, too....letting our lights shine!



In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorifyyour Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16


Are you a glowworm????  Are you shining brightly for the Lord???


Have a great week!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

A glow worm is much better than a regular old worm! I think it's interesting that the newer versions of the song have changed the lyrics from "worm" to "one" - have you noticed?

Unknown said...

Yes, I have noticed that! It's because "one" sounds so much nicer than "worm". We have a hard time admitting that we fail, when it's really just realizing that it's all about God and not us at all. If we didn't fail/sin/act like worms, we wouldn't need a Savior.

 
Pin It button on image hover