Search This Blog


Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Alone

Have you ever felt alone?

When you felt that way were you really alone or in a crowd?

Have you ever felt alone even though you were surrounded by your church family or even your own physical family?

Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted.
Psalm 25:16

As odd as it sounds, it is possible to feel lonely - even with people around. In fact, it's quite possible to feel even more lonely with people around than it is to be truly alone.

 We were made by God to be social creatures.  He planned it that way.

Then the LORD God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
Genesis 2:18

But sometimes things happen and we're left alone.....or we feel like we're alone.  We begin to feel sad and depressed.  We lose sight of what is important.  We feel that no one cares.

Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me.  I have no refuge; no one cares for my life. Psalm 142:4

In reality, as alone as we really may be or feel that we are, we're never truly alone.  God is always there.  He is with us.  We don't have to feel lonely.  

The widow who is really in need and left all alone puts her hope in God and continues night and day to pray and to ask God for help.
1 Timothy 5:5

God can and will help us overcome loneliness. He can heal our lonely hearts.  He can heal our wounds.

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Psalm 147:3

Never Alone

Sometimes, O Lord, when I cannot pray,
I sit very still with nothing to say.
But never-the-less, I know you are there; 
I whisper your name  ’cause I know you care.
You know that I’m troubled with things on my mind,
And you know that I’ve been weak, so often unkind,
But your spirit is with me, right here in this home;
And I know that I never am walking alone.

by Helen Parker

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover