Search This Blog


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Overwhelmed

Do you ever have that feeling that everything is piling in on you - including your house?  I do.  I'm there.  Today.

It's as if everything in the entire world is hinged upon today.  Everything is needing to be done - TODAY!  And it's a bit overwhelming!

Without giving you a play by play of what my day is looking like (and adding further stress in my own mind!), I decided to post about it.  I decided to think out what I should do about this day and share it with you.

#1 - To plan out today to make the best of it and to tackle all that it entails, I must have a peaceful spirit.  The ONLY way I'll have that peaceful spirit is by praying to God to help me in this day and for Him to grant me that peaceful spirit. Only God can help me make it through the day and to be at peace with the day.

#2 - To get the most done today that I can, I must manage my time wisely, but also realize that some things can be left undone.  This is perhaps the hardest thing.  I don't like leaving things undone!  I want things done when I want them done, don't you?  I suppose we're all that way, but it can't always be that way.  Some deadlines must be met, but some are just deadlines in my own mind and they can wait.

#3 - Keep calm and carry on.  I keep seeing that phrase on little home decor plaques, and I really like it!  Much of what happens today will be totally out of my control.  Much of what happens today will happen whether I get my "list of things" done or not.  So, I can either allow myself to get in a tizzy and out of control about everything, or I can keep calm.  The question I must ask, is which attitude best reflects the example of Jesus to those I come in contact with and to those in my family?  Obviously the "keep calm and carry on" attitude.

#4 - Pray some more!  Most likely throughout the day, I'll forget who is in charge of my day.  I'll try to be in control.  I'll try to take things into my own hands.  I'll try to get my way.  But, then I'll remember to pray.  Then I'll remember that only God is in charge and I'm just along for the ride. 

Thank you, God, for your patience, grace and mercy.  I know I will need it today, just as I do every day.

Well....I'd better go get busy!  Have a wonderful, peaceful, prayerful (and productive) day!

Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."
James 4:13-15

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Thanks for this! I needed it too, today! I love the KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON signs too. I got a gift sack with that on it. Thought it would be fun to put a Christmas gift in...for the right person!

 
Pin It button on image hover