Search This Blog


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Molded Creations

Yesterday I had the opportunity to travel close to my hometown to speak at a ladies' night event (I forgot my camera :( so didn't post pictures.).  In fact, I drove right by where I spent lots and lots and LOTS of hours "working" with my dad and grandpa in the cotton field.  (Remember my ladybug post?  This is the same field!).  It was fun driving that highway and remembering things from my childhood!

I distinctly remember this particular field for several reasons:  the ladybugs, my little bitty shovel that I tried and tried (finally succeeded - yay!) to use to jump the irrigation ditch like my dad and grandpa did, and making this little thing out of mud from the ditch.  I don't even know what to call it, but it sits on my kitchen window sill above the sink.  I made it when I was about 10 years old.  After it was totally dried, I painted it.  It's been with me ever since.....32 years.  That's amazing to me!

This summer, while washing dishes, I happened to look at my little dried mud art piece and noticed that some of the paint was flaking off.  I quickly took it and repainted the small part and sealed it with glue.  Now it's as good as new again and it's back in its designated spot on the window sill.

Just as this small piece of dried, molded mud is sentimental and special to me, we are molded and made by God and we are special to him.  My piece of art isn't much.  It doesn't do much and can't do much.  God's handiwork....His creation....is wonderful and amazing.  WE are wonderful and amazing!!  We can think!  We can do!  In fact, we were created to do good things for Him!

Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. 

Isaiah 64:8

For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

During this 30 Day Giving Challenge, think about what you were created to do.  Think about your purpose.  Think about ways to do good works for God by giving to those in need.  Think of ways to serve Him by encouraging others.  By doing so, you will be finding your purpose and glorifying Him.

You are His handiwork....molded and made by the loving Creator.  You are special and your purpose is special!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

pretty cute! I love stories like that!

 
Pin It button on image hover