Search This Blog


Monday, July 11, 2011

God is AWESOME!

For the past week I have been drawing up house plans.  Not a whole house, but just an addition of a bedroom, bathroom, laundry room, and closets to add on to one side of our house.  It's saving a lot of money just doing it ourselves, but as many hours as I've spent drawing, erasing, and redrawing....my husband has teased that I'm going to get stuck to my "drawing bench"!  It's literally been hours and hours and hours of work!  In the end it will all be worth it.

As I've been drawing my mind has drifted thinking about the awesomeness of God.  Here I am spending a week's time on a small home addition and yet He created the whole world in six days!  He knows everything about every human that has ever lived - or who has not lived, for that matter!  He knows how many hairs are on our heads and that number changes daily (more for some than for others :).  He knows what we are doing, why we are doing it, and our motives behind what we do.  He knows our thoughts and how they will determine our actions.  He knows what we will or won't do with His Son.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

So then, as I continued to draw and actually scale down my larger addition to a somewhat smaller one, I thought of heaven.  Heaven has been prepared for God's children and has "many rooms".  Here I am finding challenges with just a few rooms that will serve our family for a relatively few years and He planned for His children now and for eternity! 

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” 
John 14:2-4

Yes, God is AWESOME!  Every day we should sit back (and draw up home addition plans :) and think and meditate about His awesomeness.  This life we're living.....this world we're living in.....the plan for eternity.....it didn't just happen with a big boom.  It took an awesome, loving, caring Heavenly Father, who wanted us to live with Him some day.  Think about that every day.  Think about your place in that plan every day. Get to know Jesus personally.

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well.
John 14:5-7a

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It is hard work but I know you have lots of good ideas! Great analogy!

 
Pin It button on image hover