Search This Blog


Monday, March 28, 2011

K.Y.M.S.

This morning at breakfast one of our children kept aggravating one of his siblings.  He kept saying things that were making the situation even worse and didn't stop. He has this trouble on occasion and I had finally had enough and gave him a little "chewing out". 

My husband chimed in.  I was happy to have the support until he kind of defended the offender! 

He said, "You need to learn to keep quite - for sure when Mom is around." 

I gasped out a "WHAT???" to which he corrected that the offender really needed to watch what he said "around all females"

Again, I replied, "WHAT????"  And added to it, "That's really what you need to be teaching them, isn't it???!!"

We were all joking by then, but then my husband really talked to the offender.  He said that he needed to remember this:  "K.Y.M.S."  It stands for "Keep Your Mouth Shut"!  He added this verse to the advice.

I said, “I will watch my ways
and keep my tongue from sin;
I will put a muzzle on my mouth
while in the presence of the wicked.”
Psalm 39:1

My husband said he wants a sign with "K.Y.M.S." in his office.  Some co-workers have expressed the desire of having one, too. It sounds like a good idea and probably each of us could keep that sign and verse nearby us throughout the day to remind us to watch our words. It might keep us out of trouble.

We decided that we could make little bracelets with the initials: K.Y.M.S. and sell them. Kind of sad that they would probably be a big selling item, too.  I know one thing for sure, though: That one particular son would be getting the first one! HeeeeeHeeeeeee :)

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I know. I feel that way a lot and do okay most of the time, but then I am convicted by my thoughts. I think the only way to battle it is to chase away the thoughts with good ones.

 
Pin It button on image hover