Search This Blog


Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pulled Heartstrings

I've always heard the phrase, "pulls at your heartstrings", but never thought about it much.  I "googled" it and here is the definition of "heartstrings": deepest feelings or affections.  That makes sense and right now that's how I feel.  A little while ago, I watched and online video of some of the Haitian orphans as they met their new adoptive parents in America.  I sat here and bawled.  Just typing this makes me want to cry.

Because of situations I know of and have seen because of my connection with the children of Tipton Home (where my husband works), I have a deep care and concern for children and their well-being.  The thought of children being hurt or neglected in any way breaks my heart.  I know it does many of yours, as well.

Seeing the looks on the Haitian children as they met their new parents was amazing.  They were smiling and having fun.  They have no idea that they've gone through something so terrible and devastating.  They've gone through more in their short lives than I will probably ever go through in my life.  They've lost so much.

But then I saw the looks on the adoptive parent's faces.  They hugged and kissed their new children.  They are opening up their hearts and their homes to them.  The tragedy in Haiti has ended up bringing joy and happiness to them and that is sometimes a hard concept for us to grasp.  Of course, non of these adoptive parents would have wanted a tragedy to happen and cause them to be able to adopt, yet that is what happened. God's ways are not our ways and we don't always understand His ways.  But, we can be sure that He cares for us.  He knows when our heartstrings are being pulled. 

Please continue to pray for the people of Haiti and pray also for these children who have been adopted.  Pray for their new parents and siblings, as well.  And, let's remember to tell God thank you for blessing those children with new families who will love and care for them.

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I missed that but it is a sweet story!

Anonymous said...

I just checked out the Tipton home website thats really neat. What a blessing to those children and others in the past.

Erika

 
Pin It button on image hover