Search This Blog


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

WHAT NOT TO WEAR


My mom is responsible for putting up new bulletin boards from time to time at the church building where she and my dad worship. This past Sunday my husband was preaching there (filling in for their regular minister), so I made sure to take my camera along so that I could take a picture of the bulletin board.  I thought it would make a great post to share with you.

The title is "WHAT NOT TO WEAR" and then lists several items that are not becoming for a Christian to wear.  Let's look at each of these traits.

PRIDE:  These six things the LORD hates, Yea, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look...Proverbs 6:16-17

ANGER: We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Proverbs 29:22


SELFISHNESS: We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Romans 15:1

WHINING: Do all things without murmurings and disputings. Philippians 2:14

BAD ATTITUDE: Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

If we have any of these items in our Christian wardrobe, we need to get rid of them quickly!

2 comments:

A.Marie said...

Ooohh..I like this one! What a wonderful post and a wonderful reminder of what I don't need in my daily "wardrobe!" :)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

great job, Donna!

 
Pin It button on image hover