Search This Blog


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Self Control

Self control is one of the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).  God's Holy Spirit is ready, willing and able to help us have self control.  Think of all of the things we could do with His Spirit working within us to give us the strength we need to overcome so many temptations.

In what area do you need "Self Control"?  Ask yourself the following questions:

What is it that I believe I cannot be happy without?
What is it that I crave?
What is it that I believe I must have?
What is it that I spend most of my spare time thinking about?
What is it that I most worry about losing?
What is it that I seek my happiness in the most?
What do I love more than God?
What is the one thing I am thinking of right now that this can’t possibly mean?
 
Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control. Proverbs 25:28

So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 1 Thessalonians 5:6

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover