Search This Blog


Thursday, January 19, 2012

Heirloom Burlap Pillow


I wanted to share one of the home-made gifts my mom made for my sister and I this Christmas.  She saw a similar pillow at one of her very favorite stores in Oklahoma City. This gave her the idea to do this for us.  She used pictures of she and Dad, plus pictures of our grandparents and great-grandparents.

To do the pillow, she had my dad scan and print each picture onto a wallet size photo.
The doilies on the two corners were hard to find because she wanted them to look a certain way and they were going to be cut in triangle shapes.

She found the vintage-looking brooches at Hobby Lobby.  

The pillow form was stuffed into a burlap machine sewn pillow form, then the ribbons were tacked on and tied to each pictures.

Just to let you know--- The pillow that she saw had a price tag over $100.00.   This one cost about $12.00!  That's quite a difference, isn't it?!

Thanks, Mom!  It is a great keepsake and neat to show my own children pictures of their grandparents and great-grandparents....many they never knew.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover