Search This Blog


Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom

Okay.....so I'm getting another Disney World post in and then will save the final one (Animal Kingdom) for next week.

Fall is my favorite time of year, and even though the temperatures and humidity in Florida didn't feel like fall at the time, Disney World "felt" like fall because of the decor.  It was beautiful!
The Mickey's head jack-o-lanterns were the center of each wreath down Main Street USA.  They glowed at night.  I don't have a good picture of it, but as you were leaving "See Ya Real Soon" was also cut out of pumpkins and glowing over the top of the exit!
I got my picture taken with Mickey and Minnie for the very first time.  I was just as excited as a little kid!  My hair doesn't care for humidity, so it's all frizzed out and in a pony tail, of sorts!
For our last table service meal, using the Disney Dining Plan (DDP), Lauren and I decided to ride the monorail to one of the resorts.  We made reservations at the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort.
I have to show you my dessert, first!  It was a white chocolate cheesecake with whipped topping and strawberry sauce swirled around.  The two long strips are white chocolate and then Mickey head sprinkles.  It was delicious and beautifully served!
Lauren's meal was a burger and fries.....pretty normal, but very tasty, she said.
My meal doesn't look very pretty on the plate, but the Panko-crusted chicken was delicious!  It had a coconut mango flavor.  The sticky rice was plain, but I really liked it.  The macaroni salad was good, but to me, doesn't go with the meal.  I learned in Home Economics class that you MUST have something green on your plate for a "proper" plate.  I suppose that is what the lime is for....although I could have used the juice for extra flavor, I suppose.
Lauren's dessert was a Kona Kone.  It's huge!  She didn't eat it all.
Oh, and it was so nice to be able to get close to the castle without such a large crowd around!
This was a new addition to the night time festivities...in-between the electrical parade and the fireworks.  They show pictures of people ON the castle while music is playing, then a computer-generated facade is put on top of the castle, making it look pencil drawn, crayon colored, and all kinds of things.  Such a great show!
And, of course......the beautiful fireworks show!
Leaving Main Street USA is just as beautiful as entering, although when it's your last night at the parks, it's a little bit sad!
The best part of this trip to WDW was getting to spend time with my daughter, Lauren - just she and I.  She's a junior and will be gone from home before long.  Thank you to my husband for this special trip for the two of us!  It was wonderful!

I think my three boys enjoyed us being away and them getting to spend time with their dad - just the four of them.  Just a few days ago, one of them said, "Dad, can you send Lauren and mom on a trip again some time so we can have fun together?"  Yeah, "Dad", can you???? :)  Lauren and I would go for it, too!
 
Pin It button on image hover