Search This Blog


Monday, January 10, 2011

You Had a Bad Day....

Just as I sat down at the computer to write my blog post for tonight, one of my children came in and made the following statement.  "I don't know what was wrong with a lot of the teachers today.  They all seemed to be mad and in bad moods." The child (I'll refrain from naming my child, for fear of retailation at school tomorrow if one of the teachers reads this :) Hee Hee!) then went on to name names.

I explained to my child, that just as they, themselves, some times have bad days, teachers do, too.  My child's response?  "Well, I understand, but I wouldn't think they would have all had the bad day on the same day!"  Well, it could happen!  All four of my children seem to have bad moods on the same days at times, and I'm thinking that the teachers feel that all of the students may have bad moods the same days, too, sometimes.

A lot of thing can contribute to bad days and in Tipton, OK, for today, in particular, I can think of a few.   First of all, it was a Monday.  I like Monday's, myself, but sometimes Monday's are hectic, just because they follow a more relaxing or enjoyable weekend or maybe an extremely busy weekend where there wasn't time to rest.  Another thing about this particular Monday was that it was freezing - or below freezing, actually.  Add to that the drizzle/moisture in the air.....it was the type of Monday that most of us would rather have had no where to go.  Most of us would have rather been able to stay at home, in bed, or at least snuggled up with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee waiting and watching out the window for the 20% chance of snow.  It did technically snow, but it was teeny, tiny, so didn't show on the ground.

So, my child didn't understand the teacher's moods today.  I don't think that was a bad thing for my child to see.  It just shows that the teachers are human - that they are normal.  We all have bad days from time to time, and, just maybe, it will make the students think about their own moods and how the teachers might feel when they are all in bad moods!

I'm grateful for good days, but some times those bad days do come, unfortunately. I decided to look up some "bad day" quotes and here's what I found:

“It's the bad days that make the good days seem better.” -- Unknown Author

“The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude.” -- Dennis S. Brown, Author and Motivational Speaker

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.” -- Dr. Seuss

Very good quotes! And these scriptures, we should remember ever day - but especially when bad days come our way:

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

On this GRATITUESDAY, I am grateful for the good days, and thankful to God for the strength He can give and will give in the bad days. Teachers, have a great Tuesday!

Join us for Gratituesday at  Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover