Search This Blog


Monday, April 4, 2016

TCH Homecoming 2016

The 92nd celebration of Tipton Children's Home was held in Saturday before Easter. The annual alumni homecoming theme was "A Harvest of Blessings ".
A few of us were in charge of decorating for the event. We began making plans immediately after last year's event, which makes it fun, but also easier!
There were carts and wheel barrels decorated in garden themes.
A special t-shirt quilt was given away.
I was able to use an old fence I had, which negates the old quote: "Throw it away if you haven't used it in a year." I hadn't used this in over 10 years, but I'm glad we had it, still!
Part of the decor included fruit and vegetable baskets. Afterwards the fruits and veggies were given to the cottages. A great way to use the decorations! 
The placemats had garden pictures from past years at TCH. 
I had the carpenter make these cute fruit/vegetable stands. We will get lots of use out of them!
It was fun using real grass and flowers for the decor! The kids really liked it!
One lady made this cute garden hose wreath!
It takes several days to decorate, then in a few hours it's over! That's the way big events are, isn't it? The memories are well worth it.
My kids and I did the desserts. We ordered the mini bug cookies on Etsy. I couldn't have done this job without my kiddos helping!
We also made dirt cake in mini terra cotta pot containers. One cottage made the candy flowers.
I love these seed packets I ordered on Etsy! She personalized them perfectly!
What a blessing to celebrate 92 years. We are thankful to those who came to Homecoming. We look forward to next year!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So many cute things!

 
Pin It button on image hover