Search This Blog


Wednesday, October 7, 2015

QMCC Ladies' Fall Retreat 2015

One of the highlights of fall each year is getting to go to the QMCC Ladies' Fall Retreat. This year was no exception.




I was trying to figure out how many years I've attended the retreat, and think this was probably the 15th year....maybe even the 17th or 18th. A long time!  It's been going for 32 years, but I didn't even know about it until that first time I went.  I'm thankful I found out about this wonderful retreat at the camp that's very close to my heart!

Two sisters-in-law and a niece attended the retreat, so that was special to get to be together a little while.

This year the Elm and Hudson church ladies from Altus hosted the event and did a wonderful job.  Name tags hung from a brach as you registered, which also had number on the back to be used for door prizes later on.
The ladies had pooled together their fall decor to make beautiful table arrangements for the tables.

Since fall is my favorite season, I loved the decor!

I love the colors of fall. They are my happy colors!
For a snack, the ladies had a popcorn bar. There was a caramel popcorn, a pumpkin spice popcorn, plus a few other varieties, and candy corn, chocolate and peanuts.  They had little brown paper sacks to put the snacks in. Very cute!

 Craft time was fun. They had stations to make fabric pumpkins, pumpkin magnets from jar lids, cinnamon/orange simmering project (in the jar above) and a pumpkin made from canning jar rings.
This is a favorite time for everyone!  Ladies, even those who claim not to be "crafty", seem to enjoy making something! 













Thank you to the E & H ladies for a spiritually uplifting time at the retreat.  Studying God's Word together, singing together, praying, laughing, sharing together....it's all a part of what makes this retreat so special.  Looking forward to next year already :).

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It was fun! I thought the pumpkins were beautiful, too.

 
Pin It button on image hover