Search This Blog


Friday, August 21, 2015

WHAT YOU LOOK FOR IS WHAT YOU'LL SEE!

I heard a really sad story this week.  Someone needed a "positive, feel good" story about someone, but the people who could have told one, couldn't think of one. Their stories weren't positive, only negative.  It made me think about my own live and my own attitudes.  And here is what I got to thinking: If you look for good, you'll see good. If you look for bad, you'll see bad.  What you look for is what you'll see.

It sounds simple, and it is simple, but the hard part is learning to look for the good....training your mind and heart to look for good....expecting to see good.

I don't know about you, but I tend to be optimistic.  And even though I 'tend' to be that way, too often I'm looking for the bad instead of the good.  It's something I need to work on and work on it daily.  Maybe you do, too.

So for today, I'm going to look for the good. I'm going to expect the good.  I see good, often, but I want to look for the good in everything.  I want to be optimistic. I want to be positive.  I want to rid my mind and heart of the negative.  How about you?  Want to join me?

A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. Matthew 12:35

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Good verse! We all like to tell our stories and try to commiserate with the hurting one, but you are right. Sometimes they do not encourage. We need to THINK before speaking. Something we preached to our kids so many times...

 
Pin It button on image hover