Search This Blog


Tuesday, February 17, 2015

What I Learned From Staying Home Alone

I can only think of one other time I was alone for more than a day and it was only 2 - 3 days, so this was very different for me.  I gained some insight during these 4 2/3 days.  Here's what I learned:

1. I can get a lot done being the only one in the house.
2. Even if I'm here alone, dishes and laundry still have to be done.
3. I'm the messiest person in this family.
4. I'm a hoarder.
5. I should be banned from buying any more craft supplies.....mesh.....ribbon....stuff.....anything, basically.
6. I'm highly distracted when sorting through "stuff" and "junk".
7. I love looking at old pictures, the kid's old papers from elementary school, baby clothes....
8. If I were to write a book called, "The 7 Habits of Highly Distracted People", my picture could be on the cover.
9. It's okay to get Valentine's Day decorations up on Feb. 13 and leave them for a few weeks (we'll see how long).
10. It's possible to not leave the house for almost 4 2/3 days, only leaving to feed the goats and see three basketball games and Sunday worship/class and evening worship. I made a pact with myself to not go anywhere those first two days at all until that night for one basketball game! I even turned down two lunch invitations in Altus - one on each of those days with family members.
12. I'm thankful that goat feeding isn't my usual job, though I love seeing the babies. Trash duty in 32 degrees isn't my cup of tea, either!
13. When Joe is gone, it's just not the same around here. I miss him and am thankful to have him for a husband - not just for what he does around here, but because he's my best friend on earth.
14. Life isn't as fun without children around. It may be noisier and more food needed, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
15. When you get a call from your husband and he doesn't say anything, you know something is wrong. It makes your heart seem to skip a beat waiting for the news. So thankful that Camry is going to be okay. A young woman skiing with her fiancée the next day wasn't as fortunate. Makes you think about this swift earthly life, your eternal life, and relationships with those you love. Puts things in perspective.

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds like you got a lot of things done physically and mentally.

 
Pin It button on image hover