Search This Blog


Friday, February 27, 2015

Let it Snow! 2015



So it's almost March, but I'm excited about this snow coming in this morning, February 27!  The first two snows of this winter we missed because we were out of town, so this is a welcomed event for me!
It's not much, though we're expected to get between one and three inches.  I'm posting these two pictures early (about 8:15 CST) and then will post more below closer to 9:00, which is when the post next to be ready to go out via email today.

There are 24 scriptures with the word snow in it in the Bible.  I don't know about you, but I don't think about there being snow during the days and the locations of the Bible, but there really was!  That seems so neat to me....and cold!  They didn't have any of our modern conveniences.  No North Face jackets. No central heat.  No warm, comfy clothes, blankets, gloves.  Brrrr!!!!  I like the snow.  But, I like being warm in the snow, too!
Praise the Lord from the earth,
    you great sea creatures and all deeps,
 fire and hail, snow and mist,
    stormy wind fulfilling his word!
Mountains and all hills,
    fruit trees and all cedars!
Beasts and all livestock,
    creeping things and flying birds!
Kings of the earth and all peoples,
    princes and all rulers of the earth!
Young men and maidens together,
    old men and children!
Let them praise the name of the Lord,
    for his name alone is exalted;
    his majesty is above earth and heaven.
Psalm 148:7-13
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
    it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
    and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:9-11
It's still coming down!  YAY!! Thank you, God, for the snow.  We need the moisture and it is sure pretty coming down and covering everything in a white blanket.



No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover