Search This Blog


Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Happy 20th Birthday, Lauren!!!

TWENTY!!  TWENTY YEARS!!  How in the world is it possible that I have a 20 year old daughter?  I distinctly remember turning 20, myself, and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago! But it was.  It has to have been.
(Lauren and her three brothers....plus a little cousin :)
 Lauren is at college, but was able to come home last weekend.  On Sunday we were able to get the local/area family together for a family meal. We didn't "officially" call it a birthday party (I don't want the family to think we're doing these birthdays forever, you know?!), but it just worked out that it was time to get everyone together for a meal, and Sundays after Bible class and worship are the perfect time to do just that!
And if all of the area/local family gathered together, we had to do the traditional "cousin" picture.  This time Grammy happened to be there, too.
I hadn't gotten any candles out, but Lauren went hunting for some herself! She didn't have a "party" last year, so she was excited to have a cake with candles this year.  Next year she will open her time capsule that was made on her 1st birthday. That will be really exciting! I can't wait to see everything again!

Lauren,
In honor of your 20th birthday, I decided to write 20 things I love and appreciate about you.

1. The most important thing in your life is being a child of God - a Christian.
2. You strive to let your light shine wherever you are, so that Jesus/God will be seen in you.
3. You want others to come to know Jesus and are not afraid to share His love with others.
4. You have a strong faith. You rely on God and talk to Him often. I know that He is guiding you and that you are striving to do His will.
5. You are mature in so many ways.  Much more so than I was at 20...and I was married!
6.  You are a great daughter! We can not imagine our lives without you.
7.  I was afraid to have a girl - wasn't wanting the "drama" that girls sometimes have, but you weren't that way.  Thank you for being you!  Thank you, especially, for not being a drama queen! :)
8. You are a great big sister. The boys may not always appreciate your advice, but they love you and are thankful for you.
9.  You have plans and goals and work to achieve them.
10.  You are funny!  People would be surprised at how funny you can be because you're often quiet and reserved.
11. You're independent.  You remind me of someone else I know.  :)
12. You're creative. It's fun watching you create and do things that you enjoy.
13. You're private.  You're reserved.  You're more like your Dad in that way.  But that's unique about you.  And I appreciate it in you.
14. You are a great example to those around you - both young and old, but also for those your own age.
15. You are not swayed by peer pressure.  You are confident in who you are.
16. You have wanted to be a sports' journalist for many years and it is exciting seeing those dreams come true as you work towards that career. I'm thankful you have something that you enjoy and that you are passionate about.
17. You're not in a hurry to marry and start a family, but when you do, I know you will be a wonderful wife and mother.  I know that you will strive to be guided by God's direction and trust in His timing for all of this to occur.
18. You are willing to help and to serve others, but you are humble and do it quietly.  You do things because it's the right thing to do, but not for selfish pride. Thank you for being that way.  God is glorified by your service.
19. I am so very thankful that God chose me to be your mom.  Being the firstborn was extra-special, but giving us a girl was special too! He KNEW we needed you in our life and He KNEW that you should be the firstborn to keep those boys straight!
20. I love you forever and always.  You may be 20, but you're still my baby girl.  And you will always be my "baby".
 
Pin It button on image hover