Search This Blog


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

He Will Sustain You!


Even to your old age and gray hairs
    I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;    
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4

Sometimes before I write a post, I go to biblegateway.com and read today's scripture.  Occasionally, it becomes my topic for my blog post, once I read the whole chapter, but not always.

This morning I had done a devotional with our boys before school from Jesus Calling.  My husband usually does one from a daily devotional app on his phone, but he was gone.  I just opened up the book to September 8th, even though today is the 9th, because one of the boys had already ready the 9th.

I think God is speaking to me today!  The Jesus Calling devotional went like this:

Accept each day exactly as it comes to you.  By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day but also the condition of your body. Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in My sovereignty and faithfulness.

On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance.

It went on to say that we have a choice:  To give up or rely on God.  

The scripture at the top, from Bible Gateway, also had to do with the body....specifically the decaying of the body.  This is pretty neat that both of these thoughts had to do with our physical body and how it feels.  It's also very relevant to me, since I've been sick for over three weeks!  But praise be to God that yesterday and today I've felt really good! Sometimes, when we have been sick, it makes us thankful for the good days, even more. It also shows us that there are so many who are so very sick and who have it much worse than we do.  Some don't get to feeling better.  Some never do.

As I read the devo to the boys, I wasn't sure they would really "get" it.  It's more for adults.  But, I explained to them, that when I felt really, really bad, I could have given up. I couldn't have gotten down and depressed. I could have given up on God.  But I didn't.  And so many don't.  Sadly, many do.

It is a choice.  But, even if we choose to give up on God, He never gives up on us.  He loves us and cares for us....even when we don't love and care for Him.

If your physical body is feeling signs of getting older, or if you are sick and in pain, choose Him.  He will sustain you!


Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior. Psalm 42:5  

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover