Search This Blog


Sunday, July 7, 2013

F.R.O.G. - Preteen Camp Session at QMCC

It seems strange to be done with church camp (QMCC - Quartz Mountain Christian Camp) and back to blogging! I've missed my time with YOU, but enjoyed camp very much.

The first week of camp was a junior session of grades 4th-7th.  I counseled the older girls going into 6th and 7th grade. I hadn't counseled since I was 13, so this was quite a change being 30 years older!!  The girls were great and we had a wonderful time together learning to F.R.O.G. - Fully Rely on God!
We decorated the bathroom and cabin sleeping area with frogs and lights.
 One of the junior counselors also put scriptures around the mirrors....
 ...and walls.

 The girls enjoyed the FROG decor!
 What a fun group of girls!  It was great being with them....teaching them and getting to know them.
 It was also neat having our youngest son there as a camper.  He had instructed me to "not get in his business"!!  Haha! I told him I would stay out of his business unless I saw that he was doing something that I needed to be in his business about!  He was good, so no "gettin' in his business' was needed! :)
Twenty-seven years ago at this same camp - on talent show night- my friends and I did a "Trash" song in rounds. All of these years I've wanted to do it again, so our girls allowed me the opportunity to bring it back! I was soooooo excited! Unfortunately the round was "off" a bit, so doesn't sound as good as I had hoped it would.  It still was fun!
 Each night the campers dressed up.  There was alien night.....goof ball night....super hero night.....and backwards night.  Here are a few pics from the nights...




It was especially neat to counsel along with my daughter (left). She was in a different cabin, but it was neat to have her there with me!
 We had great lessons during the camp.  This one taught the campers to STOP and F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God).  They wrote their "problem" on a CD then smashed it.  That was fun! Then we glued the smashed pieces on the letters saying "STOP and FROG".
The camp directors of this session are wonderful! They do a great job coming up with or finding material for skits that really get the campers interested in the lessons.  This was the "Frog Hunter". He was always trying to sabotage the 'Professors" lessons.
The "Professor" dressed up for one of the goofball nights in this #1 mom shirt!  So funny!  He would bring the skit to the real meaning - according to the Bible message/lesson.
One evening the campers were playing games.  I looked to the west and saw a beautiful sunset over the mountains nearby.  It's wonderful to be able to see God's beauty in His creation.  

Thank you, God, for this week of camp where we all learned to "Fully Rely on YOU".  I pray that each of the campers is continuing to remember the lessons they learned.  I pray that they will always F.R.O.G.

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover