Search This Blog


Monday, June 17, 2013

FORE!

Our oldest son and youngest son have both been playing golf a lot this summer.  They are both in a tour that has a contest every week or two, plus this week they're competing a big tournament called the Texas/Oklahoma Junior Golf Tournament. (Shortened to T/O).
The youngest hit his ball in the water last week.  That didn't stop him from trying his best to get a good score on the next to last hole.  He took off his shoes and  socks and chipped in the water!  That takes dedication! I'm afraid of snakes!
A golf course is a beautiful setting for pictures and as the boys golf I get to take some close-up, personal shots of them preparing to hit the ball.
I don't have to get too close with the big lens, so don't mess up their concentration.
Sometimes they're analyzing their next shot. Other times I think they're just resting.  
Taking pictures along the course path is so much fun! This course is called Karsten Creek. It's near Stillwater, Oklahoma....home of the OSU Cowboys.  Our oldest son attended golf camp there last week.
Some of the tee boxes have cowboy hat markers.  How cute!
This is at a different course in Wichita Falls, TX, but it's so much fun seeing the birds and wildlife at the courses!
This is the OSU men's golf coach. Mike McGraw.  Big golf fans will know that Rickie Fowler attended OSU under Coach McGraw.
Besides watching my boys play golf, my favorite thing about going to golf tournaments is getting to drive the golf cart!  Haha!  I can't help it! It's so much fun!
My least favorite thing about the golf tournaments is the heat.....or the cold.....or the extreme wind!  I know, I know....NO COMPLAINING!  Okay, so the middle, no-golf-for-me-son, and I cooled off at the big fan that was blowing the green.  He took over driving the golf cart, too.  Then began racing his dad and little brother! Family fun at its finest (minus our working daughter who was on a summer school trip to the zoo.).
And the last photo I'll share with you is the bunkers....sand traps.  Obviously it's not where you want the ball to land, but I think they're pretty!  I also like to watch the kids chip out of them!  I'm easily amused.

This week's T/O is a three day tournament with a possible fourth day for the oldest boy. There will be lots of golf played this week.

Golf is a mental game that builds character. It's often been described as being a gentlemen's sport.  It could also be a lady for the female's who play the game.  It's a pretty neat sport.  I never would have thought I would have liked it, but there's a reason I do like it.  My boys are playing! :)

I'll leave you with a couple of good golf quotes:


Golf isn’t like other sports where you can take a player out if he’s having a bad day. You have to play the whole game.
Phil Blackmar

Baseball reveals character; golf exposes it.
Ernie Banks

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover