Search This Blog


Monday, February 23, 2009

Best Laid Plans

Isn't it amazing how life is sometimes? Yesterday (Sunday) I thought I had everything all planned out for today (Monday). I was going to get up, write a new post on the blog and even write two more to have ready for later on in the week.

Unfortunately, last night I began getting sick with the stomach virus. The virus that has gone through our family and throughout our small town and school for the past few weeks. So, instead of doing the things I had planned for Monday, I spent the day in bed. Later this evening when I did begin to feel a little better, I thought I might be able to get some work done, but the computer messed up and it wouldn't let me go to any webpage. So, my plans did not work out the way I thought they would!

Things not going the way I had planned make me think of the scripture,

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 19:11-13

I can make plans for my day, but what really ends up happening is in God's hands. So tomorrow, if it is the Lord's Will I will accomplish what didn't get done today. If not, it is a humble reminder that God is in control and not me.

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Brandi Sue said...

I don't remember this quote word for word but... "I told God my plans for my future...and he just laughed." haha Love that one! Good posts! xoxo

 
Pin It button on image hover