Search This Blog


Thursday, October 18, 2018

He's in the Whisper

Recently during one of our nightly devotionals we read the story of the prophet Elijah running from Jezebel. Elijah was afraid for his life. He began to doubt that the Lord would help him, even though He had been helping him. He lost faith.  An angel came to him and fed him to where he had strength to go on, but after 40 days God, himself, spoke to Elijah! That was unusual for God to speak directly to someone!

And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12 And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper. 13 And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” 1 Kings 19:11-13 

God told Elijah where to go.  God passed by in a great and strong wind, in an earthquake, and in a fire, but He was not IN those wonders.  He came in a low whisper.  A whisper!

I love, love, love this imagery, do you?

Think of yourself as Elijah. When the wind came, how would you have responded?  When the earthquake came, how would you have responded?  What about the fire?  I imagine I would have been okay in the strong wind. We see strong winds in tornadoes.  But an earthquake? A fire? Those things frighten me!  But a low whisper?  That would be odd, maybe, but not scary I don't think.  Not after God had helped me through other big things.

When I think of my life, I often only really request help from God in the big things, but maybe He is saying to me..."I'm in the low whispers".  "Listen to me in the quiet times."  "Don't neglect those times!"

Be still, and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10 
(read all of chapter 46. It goes well with this thought.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Silver Necklace online to add charm to the attire. 925 Silver Jaipur manufactured Sterling Silver Necklace to make women look elegant.

jasmyn said...

In Madden 22, more players will choose to buy Madden 22 Coins at GameMS.

Attached link: https://www.gamems.com/madden-22-coins

 
Pin It button on image hover