Search This Blog


Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Chronicles of Biscuit - "It Always Works Out"

The Chronicles of Biscuit - Stories about our youngest son, Tyler, whose nickname is Biscuit.

If you remember my post Monday, I was stressed about some things.  As the day progressed, some things got taken care of and, as expected, some didn't.  The best part of the day was when my husband took one of my responsibilities away from me and did it for me!  Wasn't that nice of him?  Yes it certainly was!

During that day Biscuit was home sick with a cold.  He didn't go to school.  Something came up in the day and I made some statement about how something worked out.  Biscuit's response was awesome!  He said, "Mom, things always work out, don't they?"  I paused at his wisdom and replied, "Yes, it really does!  Thank you, Biscuit!"

He wasn't sure why I was thanking him, but I tried to explain it to him as best as I could, paying special attention to the fact and impressing on him especially that GOD is the reason things always work out!  What an awesome thing to see....to realize.....to know!

Are things always good?  No.

Are things always pleasant?  No.

Are things always positive?  No.

Are things sometimes stressful?  Yes.

But do things always work out?  YES!  With God - and ONLY WITH GOD - they DO.

Why is that?  Because God promises that things will work out for the good of those who love him.  And that's enough.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover