Search This Blog


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Star Light, Star Bright

A few years ago, I was preparing a lesson for ladies' class. I was reading in Philippians and got to a very familiar verse, 2:14, which says "do everything without grumbling or complaining". That verse is something I keep in mind at many times, yet don't always take to heart. In fact, I think I've probably even quoted that verse to my children to make a specific point about an attitude they may be displaying :).

But, reading on, into verse 15-16, I read something that I had probably read before, but it never had really sunk it. ..."so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars (emphasis mine) in the universe..."
Wow! Putting those three verses together makes it very real that my attitude - and my grumbling and complaining - not only affects me and those in my family or have a close relationship with, but can also influence those around me that I may not even realize I have an influence on - those that I just casually meet with from time to time.

I decided to turn my focus to these few verses and find out more about how as Christians we should, indeed, "Shine Like Stars". More about those findings will be posted later.
Lori

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover