Search This Blog


Monday, November 7, 2011

Canton Trade Days Ladies Weekend

For a long, long time, one of my sister-in-law's has been planning a family road trip for all of the ladies on my husband's side of the family.  Out of thirteen grown ladies, we had six that attended, with two others joining us during other parts of the weekend.  It was a great time of family togetherness (and shopping, of course!).
Here we are posing with our purchases at the end of the day.  That's me on the right.
The weekend began at one of my brother and sister-in-law's homes in Frisco, TX.  They are gracious hosts and lovingly made their home our Bed and Breakfast for the weekend.  Thanks, J & D!!
My sister-in-law even had personalized cups waiting for us with a sweet scripture.  She had Andes mints for us to put on our pillows, had evening snacks read when we arrived, and had prepared food for the whole weekend.
Yummy breakfast for the mornings!  Perfect for the morning of our big Saturday trip to Canton Trade Days as well as for Sunday morning before worship.
This was hilarious!  After a while during our shopping, some of us waiting in line for the restroom.  Funny thing was that there was a whole other side of toilets not being used!!  So......the line shouldn't have ever been that long!
Towards the end of Saturday, we made several purchases, loading up our little carts quite well!
This is my "big" purchase, (the rest of my purchases can be seen at our family recipe blog HERE.) although it was only $35.  (Some I saw were $85 and $100!!)  I want it for decoration in the yard.  Cute carrying baskets on the back - perfect for flowers! 

The joke was that I had the big Expedition, so I needed to bring a trailer.  The problem was that, according to my husband, I can't even drive sometimes without a trailer....how was I going to drive with one??? :)  Well, I'm thrilled to say that I did great and I never got into a situation where I had to back up - so that was even better!!  (Yay me!)
I had to drive around for quite a while trying to find some of my family to pick up a piece of furniture one of them had bought.  This is ONE of the interesting things I saw while driving!!
A beautiful site at the end of the day.  This is one of the gate entries for the Trade Days.
On Sunday, those who stayed Saturday night went to worship where my brother-in-law preaches, at McDermott Road. After lunch, another sister-in-law and I went to The Container Store. What a neat place!!!

Before I left Frisco for Oklahoma, I stopped for a sweet treat.  This is from Paciugo, a gelato cafe.  It's turtle gelato - yum!!
On my way home last night.....a beautiful sunset!

Of course the shopping was fun.  Of course the food was all yummy.  But the best part of the whole thing was being together with family.  I'm looking forward to the next excursion!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL! I had Paciugo gelato at Northpark Mall on Saturday! We discovered it two weeks ago there and it is pretty close to the real stuff!

 
Pin It button on image hover